Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
captcha multiple database question

[eluser]joeizang[/eluser]
Hello folks,

I am sorry to ask this cos I did some searching on the forum and see that similar problems exist but all solutions given have done nothing for me so far so let me give a quick pic of my setup.

I already have a database for my local dev setup and I decided to setup captcha on a form and following the tutorials at okada.no created a database for captcha and then the multi-database setup need arose. I read the userguide and saw the instructions for setting up multiple databases for a single site and followed it and sadly it doesn't work! Here is my code in the config folder in database.php:

Code:
$active_group = "default";
$active_record = TRUE;

$db['default']['hostname'] = "localhost";
$db['default']['username'] = "root";
$db['default']['password'] = "root";
$db['default']['database'] = "site";
$db['default']['dbdriver'] = "mysql";
$db['default']['dbprefix'] = "";
$db['default']['pconnect'] = false;
$db['default']['db_debug'] = TRUE;
$db['default']['cache_on'] = FALSE;
$db['default']['cachedir'] = "";
$db['default']['char_set'] = "utf8";
$db['default']['dbcollat'] = "utf8_general_ci";

/* Captcha database settings */

$db['dbcaptcha']['hostname'] = "localhost";
$db['dbcaptcha']['username'] = "root";
$db['dbcaptcha']['password'] = "root";
$db['dbcaptcha']['database'] = "ci_captcha";
$db['dbcaptcha']['dbdriver'] = "mysql";
$db['dbcaptcha']['dbprefix'] = "";
$db['dbcaptcha']['pconnect'] = false;
$db['dbcaptcha']['db_debug'] = TRUE;
$db['dbcaptcha']['cache_on'] = FALSE;
$db['dbcaptcha']['cachedir'] = "";
$db['dbcaptcha']['char_set'] = "utf8";
$db['dbcaptcha']['dbcollat'] = "utf8_general_ci";

And so (still following the okada tut on captcha) put the captcha maker and display code in the controller and then realized that I was not even getting to the dbcaptcha! So i did a test controller and model to try it with this code:
Controller:
Code:
class TestCaptcha extends Controller
{

function __contruct()
    {
        $dbl = $this->load->model('testcaptcha','',true);
    }

function index()
    {
        $res = $this->testcaptcha->returnsome();

print_r($res);
    }
}

And the model:

Code:
class TestCaptcha extends Model
{
    private $securedb;

function __contruct()
    {

$securedb = $this->load->database('dbcaptcha',true);

}

function returnsome()
    {
        $q = $this->securedb->get('captcha');
        return $q;
    }

}

This still returns an error. This is the example of the error shown from this test.

Code:
A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: Notice

Filename: controllers/testcaptcha.php

Line Number: 14

Fatal error: Call to a member function returnsome() on a non-object in D:\xampplite\htdocs\mannadev.local\application\controllers\testcaptcha.php on line 14

ALL I ASK IS PLEASE HELP, FROM WHAT I SEE I DON'T HAVE A DATABASE RESOURCE TO WORK WITH. SO WHAT DO I DO?

God bless.

[eluser]danmontgomery[/eluser]
First, you can't have two classes with identical names.

Second, you've misspelled "construct" in both classes, and you never call the parent construct in either.

Noctrum,

Thanks for taking time to read my post. I just forgot to put that in the test but even in the main application and i still get this error:

Code:
Fatal error: Call to a member function returnsome() on a non-object in D:\xampplite\htdocs\mannadev.local\appfiles\controllers\testcaptcha.php  on line 15

If I understand this right, it means I don't have a database connection resource in the variable I am using to connect to the second active group for the second database. What do I do. Can CI's captcha work with sqlite? I'm not sure howto proceed from here.

Thanks

[eluser]danmontgomery[/eluser]
[quote author="joeizang" date="1279074243"]If I understand this right, it means I don't have a database connection resource in the variable I am using to connect to the second active group for the second database. What do I do. Can CI's captcha work with sqlite? I'm not sure howto proceed from here.[/quote]

You aren't understanding this right...

The error message is that you're calling the method returnsome() on a non-object. As you can see in your controller, you are calling returnsome() on $this->testcaptcha.

The testcaptcha model is never loaded, this is the root of the error message you're seeing now. Even if you do try to load it, it will fail because, as I mentioned, you can't have identically named classes.

Code:
private $securedb;

function __contruct()
{
    $securedb = $this->load->database('dbcaptcha',true);
}

Should be

Code:
private $securedb;

function __construct()
{
    parent::Model();
    $this->securedb = $this->load->database('dbcaptcha',true);
}

You are also never calling the parent constructor in the controller, as I mentioned.

I'd suggest you open the user guide and do some reading.

http://ellislab.com/codeigniter/user-gui...llers.html
http://ellislab.com/codeigniter/user-gui...odels.html

I did exactly what you put here... that is where I am getting the above error. I know it seems we green horns seem to be in a hurry but I have been going over this thing for a few hours and I don't understand why it's doing this. But I did apply the corrections you suggested and I am still getting the
Code:
atal error: Call to a member function returnsome() on a non-object in D:\xampplite\htdocs\mannadev.local\appfiles\controllers\testcaptcha.php  on line 15
and like you said before I changed the model name to testcap.php so in the model its

Code:
class Testcap extends Model
{
   private $securedb;

function __construct()
   {
     parent::Model();
     $this->securedb = $this->load->database('dbcaptcha',true);
   }
}

I am sorry for all the trouble.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB