Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Staying sane while coding

[eluser]gigas10[/eluser]
Hey community,

I was just wondering what kinds of technique's you guys use to stay sane while coding. I find it extremely dull and boring to write CRUD pages and tracking databases all day long, but that's what my job is. I usually end up only working 5-6 hours a day because I'm so bored by the end of this time that I have to leave or I'll go insane.

[eluser]frist44[/eluser]
find a job that you actually enjoy...

[eluser]WanWizard[/eluser]
Build libraries and models for all the repetitive and boring stuff, so you can focus on the challenging bits of code... If there aren't any, get yourself a better project...

[eluser]darkhouse[/eluser]
I normally listen to music while I work, but sometimes I'll turn the music off for whatever reason, forget to turn it on, work for a couple hours and then realize it's been pretty quiet, because I'm so absorbed in my work. But programming doesn't make me go insane in the first place. When I get things done and off my plate, it makes me happy.

I agree with frist44, if you don't like this profession, find one that better suits you. My dad worked on the line at GM for 30 years - THAT would've drove me crazy. The monotony would be unbearable. But programming is not like that. I'm always doing something different, something new, something better than before. It stays interesting.

[eluser]Buso[/eluser]
+1 to code reusing

What I like about programming is that I can automatize things.. If I find myself doing something repetitive, I try to automatize it and never do it again (but still charge for it Tongue)

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB