Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
avoid adding authentication on each function

[eluser]jtan[/eluser]
is there a way to avoid adding authentication code on each function in Codeigniter? I ask because virtually all functions require authentication.

what the function does it route to login page when it's not authenticated.

Thanks.

[eluser]WanWizard[/eluser]
Create a MY_Controller, and do your check in the constructor of that controller.

[eluser]jtan[/eluser]
great, got it working, i now put all controllers to use MY_Controller and only the login page not using MY_Controller to avoid the endless loop

That works as long as you don't do other things in your MY_Controller that need to be available everywhere (including your login controller).

It's better to check the controller being called, and redirect if it's not the login controller:
Code:
if ( $this->router->fetch_class() != 'login' && $this->router->fetch_method() != 'auth' )
{
    redirect('login/auth');
}

[eluser]jtan[/eluser]
here's what I have

function __construct()
{
parent::Controller();

if($this->session->userdata('authenticated')==0)
{
redirect('login');
}
if(is_null($this->session->userdata('authenticated')))
{
redirect('login');
}

}

I assume that works to. You can do
Code:
if ( empty($this->session->userdata(‘authenticated’)) )
{
    redirect(‘login’);
}
to capture both in one go.

[eluser]jtan[/eluser]
great, thanks.

[eluser]jtan[/eluser]
strange, I used your code and it returns empty, did you use any library for the "empty" command

The userdata() method of the session class returns FALSE if the variable does not exist, otherwise it returns the stored value.

I think the issue is that empty() is a language construct, you might not be able to use it on a method call. In that case (assuming that you store 0 and 1), you can just use
Code:
if ( ! $this->session->userdata(‘authenticated’) )
{
    redirect(‘login’);
}
taking advantage of the fact that 0 evaluates to false.

[eluser]jtan[/eluser]
is it possible to share the code across several controllers instead of just functions within the controller?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB