Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
ActiveRecord for CodeIgniter: Rails-style model interactions

[eluser]beemr[/eluser]
Thanks for pointer, Chromice. Very easy to access. Love the direction of this library. The AR Models read like simple documentation, and the methods available to controllers almost read like a simple flowchart.

Already making a slim Auth library with your Mod, which is how I started writing the table-sniffing code. Right now, I have to add my methods to your library in order to build a form object referencing the joined tables. Was wondering if you know how I might limit the edits that I am making to your code. I'd like to keep my mess clear of your library, but not sure if it's possible.

At a minimum, I think I have to ad the $watch string ('fields_meta_') to your class overloading. Can I have the function '_fields_meta' and its dependancies load through an additional library or as an extension of the Model class? I've successfully made both, but haven't figured out how the $watch call can make the connection outside of its own library. I'm thinking this is a dead end, and I'll have to muck your code. The code integration is pretty much what I posted before. I'll post the latest if you need it.

By all means, ignore this if it prevents your noble work on AR! Thanks! (and to Buddy Bradley, respect)

Messages In This Thread
ActiveRecord for CodeIgniter: Rails-style model interactions - by El Forum - 02-12-2008, 06:09 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB