Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
My App initializes 3 times everything

[eluser]Jelmer[/eluser]
@WanWizard
While I would agree with you that it's best to create a strong asset structure, I would disagree a lot with how you qualify those .htaccess rules. Also if this causes the triple load, there should be a clear time gap between the 3 loads - so the next question would be if there is?

That simply says: rewrite everything that's neither a file (!-f) nor a directory (!-d) to the index.php. Which is pretty much what you should want it to do, let CI handle everything but what "physicly" exists on your server (and as such you could add very specific error handling for certain cases). It gives you a lot more flexibility and portability then a very specific RewriteCond.

EDIT: @Mareshal
Such extentions would only cause this if they're all 3 instantiated, which none of them should be (only the controller extending one of those should be instantiated). You could try adding a log_message() containing the request URI, maybe you could find out if it's a tripple load on single request or 3 distinct requests (if the 3 loads are caused by files which aren't found).

Messages In This Thread
My App initializes 3 times everything - by El Forum - 08-06-2010, 05:34 AM
My App initializes 3 times everything - by El Forum - 08-06-2010, 06:33 AM
My App initializes 3 times everything - by El Forum - 08-06-2010, 08:59 AM
My App initializes 3 times everything - by El Forum - 08-06-2010, 09:51 AM
My App initializes 3 times everything - by El Forum - 08-06-2010, 12:26 PM
My App initializes 3 times everything - by El Forum - 08-06-2010, 07:01 PM
My App initializes 3 times everything - by El Forum - 08-07-2010, 01:36 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB