Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
MyClientBase 0.8 Released!

[eluser]Developer13[/eluser]
@arthur

You are correct - there are no models for the Dashboard module. Notice the difference there - model / module. What I suggested above was to have you change it from loading a *module* to a *model*, and then change the references in those other three lines to reflect that. There are no files missing, and the zip probably isn't corrupt. The reason I asked you to change those lines is because the Dashboard module is one of the only modules that explicitly uses ($this->load->module) and ($this->module->get) any more... which is sort of an oversight on my part, although it seems to work fine in 95% of situations (aka no bug reports or complaints in the official MCB forums).

Please do try and change those 4 lines and let me know if it seems to help.

Thanks!

[eluser]arthurhanlon[/eluser]
Sorry, it would totally help if I actually read you post properly and didn't skim read it like a dumbass...d'oh.

It's all working now. It would appear that not every file copied over in the first place hence it couldn't find them.

Now I can really start to explore the code and see how you built it as that's what I'm really interested in.

Thanks again mate Smile

Arthur

@arthur - Sweet! Glad it seems to be working for you now! Feel free to post in the MCB forums if you have any problems or ideas or suggestions, etc.

[eluser]Buso[/eluser]
Been testing it for a minute and it looks great, just some observations:
- I wanted to add a price for an item, wrote $20, and it saved 0. Then I wrote 20 and it was saved correctly, so you need a validation there.
- I had no problems with the installation, but it would be easier if you add the database configuration part to the installer

Keep up the good work

@buso -

Thanks for the notes. I've been considering having the installer write the database config to the file, but here's the catch - either the user is directed to do it as it is now, which I think is rather straight forward, or the user must know how to set the config/database.php file as writeable, which *we* know how to do without any problems, but a lot of users might not... plus, they'd have to know to set the permissions back after it's done, etc. See where I'm going with that?

There are a lot of areas that do need validation set up, and I have those in my TODO list. Expect to see improvements there very soon!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB