Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Moving the application folder

[eluser]sahanlak[/eluser]
Hello,
I'm new here. I searched google and seems some info is outdated. When we move the application folder out of the core folder, what should I do initially? such as editing config file etc.

[eluser]Jelmer[/eluser]
The application folder path can be set (just like the system folder path) in the front-controller: the index.php file.

[eluser]danmontgomery[/eluser]
The user guide isn't out of date Wink

[eluser]sahanlak[/eluser]
Hi,
Thanks for the reply Smile

Front controller has these 2 lines by default.

$system_folder = "system";

$application_folder = "application";
I have moved the application folder already and I think I got nothing to change right?

[eluser]danmontgomery[/eluser]
How can you not be sure? If you moved the application folder, CI will either work or it won't... If it does, then you don't need to change anything. If it doesn't work, then you do. Surely you opened the default page in your CI installation before posting here?

index.php also has a comment above the $application_folder variable explaining what you need to do, and even has a link to the user guide:

Code:
/*
|---------------------------------------------------------------
| APPLICATION FOLDER NAME
|---------------------------------------------------------------
|
| If you want this front controller to use a different "application"
| folder then the default one you can set its name here. The folder
| can also be renamed or relocated anywhere on your server.
| For more info please see the user guide:
| http://ellislab.com/codeigniter/user-guide/general/managing_apps.html
|
|
| NO TRAILING SLASH!
|
*/
    $application_folder = "application";

What's more, the user guide has a specific example of how to specify an absolute server path to your application folder:

Quote:It is possible to move your application folder to a different location on your server than your system folder. To do so open your main index.php and set a full server path in the $application_folder variable.

Code:
$application_folder = "/Path/to/your/application";

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB