Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
A question about CI cart

[eluser]China-cier[/eluser]
Dear all.
today i want to user ci cart library.
when a add a product in my cart,i want to get the row id as a return value.

that row id's description:
What is a Row ID? The row ID is a unique identifier that is generated by the cart code when an item is added to the cart. The reason a unique ID is created is so that identical products with different options can be managed by the cart.

For example, let's say someone buys two identical t-shirts (same product ID), but in different sizes. The product ID (and other attributes) will be identical for both sizes because it's the same shirt. The only difference will be the size. The cart must therefore have a means of identifying this difference so that the two sizes of shirts can be managed independently. It does so by creating a unique "row ID" based on the product ID and any options associated with it.

In nearly all cases, updating the cart will be something the user does via the "view cart" page, so as a developer, it is unlikely that you will ever have to concern yourself with the "row ID", other then making sure your "view cart" page contains this information in a hidden form field, and making sure it gets passed to the update function when the update form is submitted. Please examine the construction of the "view cart" page above for more information.

thanks

Messages In This Thread
A question about CI cart - by El Forum - 09-28-2010, 08:35 AM
A question about CI cart - by El Forum - 09-28-2010, 08:56 AM
A question about CI cart - by El Forum - 09-28-2010, 09:04 AM
A question about CI cart - by El Forum - 09-28-2010, 11:15 AM
A question about CI cart - by El Forum - 09-29-2010, 01:40 AM
A question about CI cart - by El Forum - 09-29-2010, 02:18 AM
A question about CI cart - by El Forum - 09-29-2010, 09:04 AM
A question about CI cart - by El Forum - 09-29-2010, 10:12 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB