Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
stepOne: My first codeigniter (and dev) project

[eluser]Shaun Andrews[/eluser]
Hi guys,

I'm not a very vocal member of the CI community, but I've been coming here a lot over the course of the last ten months as I learn about CI, Php, and development in general. Along the way, I've been working on a simple web app called stepOne. As it stands today, stepOne is a was to create notes and organize them into projects. I know it's simple, but I'm hoping that it's simplicity allows it to be flexible. I'm still working out a lot of bugs, and even still thinking through the main focus of the app. Ive been using it a way to document my clients projects design and devlopment specs, and have been loving it!

You can checkout stepOne in it's infancy, at: http://fever.upstateinteractive.com

It's still very much alpha software, and there's probably a lot of bugs and mistakes. I've been a web and app designer for 5+ years, but this is my first real foray into the world of programming. It's been a ton of fun, and a great learning experience. I plan to keep working stepOne, and starting a new project soon!. I'd love to hear what you think; your comments and criticisms are appreciated!

Thanks!
Shaun Andrews
http://upstateinteractive.com
@shaunandrews

[eluser]jedd[/eluser]
Hi Shaun,

Not quite sure what we're looking at / for ... the site loads, but the register page produces an error about database connectivity, so you're pretty much limited to that one front page.

As a development forum we're more interested in patterns, algorithms, code. Are you using a free licence for the software - is there a vcs repository?

[eluser]pbreit[/eluser]
It looks pretty but I have no idea what it does or what I would use it for. I'd spend more energy on the application's utility and less on it's UI design.

[eluser]Shaun Andrews[/eluser]
Hmm, I'm not at my computer right now , but I was able to create an account from my iPad without issue. Could be an issue with my shared (media temple) hosting, their not 100% reliable.

The code is not free, and there is no public code repo. I was looking to share the work I've done, and hoping to get some comments about the design and functionality of the app; even in this early, simple form.

Thanks for the reply.

[eluser]jedd[/eluser]
Oh, okay - it's taking me to a registration screen now - yeah, a weird one. Dodgy providers are good places to hone your error handling functions. Wink

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB