Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Folders vs Prefix Tags

[eluser]Rolly1971[/eluser]
well not sure if this is correct 'best practice' in this case or not but this is my structure:

first off, for class files in the core folders of controllers, and views i primarily use folder based structure.

My Application requires a seperate members area to the rest of the site (eg: seperate from the front end).

Controllers/
--/admin <all controllers for administration are in here>
--/members <all controllers for members area in here>
welcome.php <this is a streamlines controller that handles all the front end pages which are dynamic>

views/
--/admin <contains all the admin themes each on has it's own root folder in here>
--/common <any view partial that is required by admin, members area, and front end>
--/members <themes for members area, can be overridden if desired and use front end theme>
--/themes <front end site themes>

----

Now modules are a bit of a different thing, file prefix 'tags' in modules to simplify the structure.

admin_ prefix is used for just that, members_, and public_

these tags are used in controllers and views.

models and library classes are a flat file structure, each class file is is given a meaning full name as to what it is for eg: forum_model, ect ...

but like i mentioned, is this 'best practice' ? probably not. But it works for what i am doing and makes sense to me for the most part.

Messages In This Thread
Folders vs Prefix Tags - by El Forum - 10-21-2010, 10:18 PM
Folders vs Prefix Tags - by El Forum - 10-21-2010, 11:10 PM
Folders vs Prefix Tags - by El Forum - 10-21-2010, 11:52 PM
Folders vs Prefix Tags - by El Forum - 10-21-2010, 11:56 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB