Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Need help with an annoying FCKeditor problem

[eluser]Matthew Pennell[/eluser]
I'm using FCKeditor to handle text entry in the backend of a site, and the client has uncovered a particular bug when creating email links. Basically, any spaces in the subject and body of the email are replaced by ' ;' (space semi-colon), so:

Code:
<a href="mailto:[email protected]?subject=this%20is%20a%20test&body=Hello%20World">email me</a>

becomes

Code:
<a href="mailto:[email protected]?subject=this ;is ;a ;test&body=Hello ;World">email me</a>

Obviously not very useful. When I spit out the $_POST array in index.php, the %20 space characters are present and correct, so it's something that CodeIgniter is doing between the data being submitted and it arriving in the controller - anyone know where I need to look to address this (presumably trying to be helpful) cleaning of POST data?

Nobody? Sad Come on, someone must know which particular regex filter is screwing this up...

[eluser]glemigh[/eluser]
look at rawurldecode()

George

[eluser]ELRafael[/eluser]
I don't know why people like soo much that FCKeditor. Or the problem is my person?

I use tinymce, much better (personal opnion).

Ok, let back to your problem. I don't believe that is a CI problem. Only mailto shows this problem? Try to put the spaces... like
Code:
<a href="mailto:[email protected]?subject=is only a test of the emergency broad">Go spider, go</a>

Hey, bit size standards has an author very very very good in my country. almost a CSS guru!!!

[eluser]glemigh[/eluser]
[quote author="Buddy Bradley" date="1192154937"]
Obviously not very useful. When I spit out the $_POST array in index.php, the %20 space characters are present and correct, so it's something that CodeIgniter is doing between the data being submitted and it arriving in the controller - anyone know where I need to look to address this (presumably trying to be helpful) cleaning of POST data?[/quote]

How are you getting the data into your controller?
$this->input->post() or some other way?

if worse comes to worse:
Code:
$emaillink = rawurldecode($_POST['emaillink']);
(change as needed) should work if you just need to decode the string.

George

Yes, I'm using $this->input->post() - I'll try using rawurldecode and see if that makes any difference. Cheers. Smile

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB