Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
If you could change two things about the CodeIgniter forums, they would be...

[eluser]nikes[/eluser]
Akismet - Why could be the neighborhood nevertheless asking for a superb spam filter?

[eluser]John_Betong_002[/eluser]
Today an enthusiastic new spammer posted about two dozen times...

... so is it possible to have:

1. Mark as Spam button

2. temporarily hide a post after it has been marked by say a dozen different members

3. when admin is available he/she can delete or reinstate the suspect post

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi Everyone,

I am new member, thank you for the information, let me know more about the forum.

[eluser]jvicab[/eluser]
I would suggest to add a section that could be called something like solutions or tricks, where people can place their own problem's solutions, ideas, tricks, so everyone else could benefit from them. All current existing sections are more related to post questions, help requests, etc. but nothing like posting our solutions that we often develop in our dayly situations. I would be glad to post mine, and also be very happy of finding ways of solving any problem I could have looking at that sections as first choice before going to post it and wait for and answer.
Thanks

[eluser]nuwanda[/eluser]
Now this is a great idea.

[quote author="jvicab" date="1313778166"]I would suggest to add a section that could be called something like solutions or tricks, where people can place their own problem's solutions, ideas, tricks, so everyone else could benefit from them. All current existing sections are more related to post questions, help requests, etc. but nothing like posting our solutions that we often develop in our dayly situations. I would be glad to post mine, and also be very happy of finding ways of solving any problem I could have looking at that sections as first choice before going to post it and wait for and answer.
Thanks[/quote]

[eluser]CroNiX[/eluser]
Please make this spam crap go away. I'm really getting tired of having to wade through it...in order to help people.

[eluser]John_Betong_002[/eluser]

How about a "Three Strikes and Your OUT" button?

3x0 Permissions:
Button only visible for posters with at least 500 posts.

3x0 Operation:
Toggled inactive once selected
Dodgey post hidden after third strike
Requires a Mod to make post visible.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
In a forum listing, hovering over the title of a thread gives… the title! It would be useful to show the first paragraph or so of the text, as in certain other forum softwares.
diabetic shoes for men

[eluser]jjDeveloper[/eluser]
I think there are many things that could be done to make this forum more beneificial to not only those seeking guidance but to those that are kindly providing support as well.

For starters I think it would be beneficial if the forum introduced a versioning system that directly correlates with the version of codeigniter in use at the time of the discussion. This way when people are seeking advice from the forum they can tell how out of date the discussion is and give them a better idea to them if the information is still relavent to the version they are working with. However in order for this to work properly I think the code section should be split off into categories of interest. This way when a person visits the category of interest they can see archived discussions from prior versions of codeigniter and at the top of the thread there will be a sticky post containing the release notes as to what has changed from prior versions of that category. As a result the user will know what information is no longer relavent if they chose to go through the archives in that category and not discount the information because of its age alone.

Another idea is perhaps have a form that the user must fill out so as to indicate which category it belongs to, what solutions they have tried, errors they received and code examples. I'm sure there could be more fields to add but the point is that it might deter people from posting before they read around. It might also help wih reducing spam as it would be a lot more trouble for them to make random posts.

The other idea that has been mentioned is a rating system similar to what they have on stack overflow so you can see trusted users and provide "I found this helpful" feedback that will be put as credit towards the profile of the member who provided the solution.

There is a lot of information on this forum but I think structure and organization are essential, especially considering this community is constantly growing with more and more posts every day.

[eluser]vbsaltydog[/eluser]
Better moderating of posts in the code! forum that are not CodeIgniter centric. At least 50% of the questions are about AJAX and basic PHP logic. We could offer more help to true developers of CI if we weren't explaining var_dump(). We should all just paste a link to the devshed/mysql forums for non CI questions. They would learn more, faster in those forums.

Perhaps a quick reply toolbar for users with over x posts that has a selection list of canned responses like links to the devshed and mysql forums.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB