Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
If you could change two things about the CodeIgniter forums, they would be...

[eluser]CI_avatar[/eluser]
[quote author="HdotNET" date="1291873909"]1)
4) a voting system on answers to questions (a bit like stackoverflow).
[/quote]

+1. for easy finding of good answers.

[eluser]macigniter[/eluser]
I would also like to see a way for the author of the topic to make posts stick out more than others. Sometimes when you make important announcements they get lost in nirvana because others are replying to totally different posts. I had that happen a lot and helped me out by posting the same important post over and over again.

Also what bugs me is that some users - no offense - include waaaaay too much in the quote section making some threads very hard to read and follow. I guess, especially for ignited code and its support it would be better to have a comment section per issue and not a linear discussion.

[eluser]steven1454[/eluser]
Provide a method for registered but not activated user to resend the activation e-mail, right now, if you didn't get that e-mail you will have no choice but to create a new account.

[eluser]Vamsii[/eluser]
*Better Error Reporting ..
*show more bb codes .

[eluser]KarlBallard[/eluser]
My idea is to have a board for each major development release for CI. This way it would be more helpful to find out information on CodeIgniter 2.0, or the 1.7 releases or even 1.6. I currently find it hard to find out what version they run on because half of the time, they don't say!

[eluser]umbongo[/eluser]
1) a 'solved' button or similar.
2) option not to bump a topic to the top upon reply (for posts like 'thanks' etc.)

[eluser]Gerep[/eluser]
[quote author="vitoco" date="1290415478"]a "SOLVED" button, just that[/quote]

Great idea Vitoco...=)

A option for who created the topic, to give points, or stars to the answers for a better user rate.

Me, for instance, I'm now a Grad Student but I'm a beginner and just because of the number of posts I became a Grad Student.

I'm gonna be a Summer Student for a looong time.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
1. On-line support as a chat (agree with coldfire82)
2. Help section for beginner. That is information about CI adapted for non-experienced ones. Now it is difficult for beginner to sort it out himself.

[eluser]petroz[/eluser]
[quote author="Bart v B" date="1290214990"]A good moderator team! Wink

Latley i see more and more discussions standing in the wrong forums.

Perhaps a better forum layout, so it will be obvious where you should open your topic.

Something like this (from the head):

- introduce your self
- codeigniter questions
- codeigniter discussion
- frontend
- script requests
- Design paterns

something like that.[/quote]

"Latley i see more and more discussions standing in the wrong forums."

This is plaguing the forums...

[eluser]Dushan[/eluser]
I'd like to see various poll results about the CI and PHP community. Like, people's tech experience, skills, certifications, interests, etc. Where can I find that?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB