Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
A community game

[eluser]nZac[/eluser]
Hello CI Community,

It has been a while since I have been on this forum, and I thought I should come back, say hello and propose an idea that I don't think has been tosed around for some time if ever.

I am looking at developing a game, text based, that could server as a CI community builder and learning avenue for less advanced programmers and senior web developers alike. I don't know if any of you have ever played text based games but I think they can be fun.

Let me be completely frank, I have not spent 1000 hours yet on this. It is very much a thought, albeit one that I have had for a long time, but nothing more than that, a thought.

Goals of the Project:
To create an avenue, besides libraries/helpers etc., for the community to be involved with development as a whole.
Allow people of all skill levels to learn hands on, solving real problems
Make it fun and enjoyable for people to be able to use the game and contribute to it.

Game Basics
I have some ideas on what the game could be, but I would rather talk to other people who would be interested in starting this project with me. However some of my thoughts have been a in-real-time aviation game where users would have to deal with real stock market data, build a company from ground up, utilize real weather to influence delays and loss projections. I have thought about a more traditional text based game, where you build an army and go at it! I think a more business style game could be cool, or maybe SimCity for the web!

Any ideas, thoughts or suggestions would be helpful!
~Nick

To get involved with this PM with your email address and we can chat!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB