Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Datamapper Query questions

[eluser]mikeymayhem[/eluser]
Hi there,

i have been using CI for a almost a year now and have recently discovered the amazing world of datamapper. I have recently undertaken a pretty huge project and decided that datamapper would be perfect in helping me master techniques i currently dont know an aweful lot about, that said there may be a few questions being posted as i delve into this amazing ORM. Id like to say a huge thanks to anyone that takes the time to help me with this problem!!
right... i have spent the last week or so reading everything i could find on datamapper and have now started on my project. I have outlined what im trying to achive pretty basically below to save on boring explinations but here goes!

Code:
$g = new Gig();
$g->select('id','headline');
$g->include_related('venue', 'name');
$g->include_related('flyer','id');
$g->include_related('user','username');
$g->where('status','active');
$g->get();

Code:
$g->comment->where_related('gig','id',$g->id)->get();
$g->band->where_related('gig','id',$g->id)->get();

at the moment this will run 3 queries one accessing all the gigs and joining the has_one relationships with the gigs venue, and the flyer for said gig, it then runs another query to grab all the comments for that gig and then again to grab all the bands. as i said this is pretty basic, im just planning stuff out atm really and seeing whats possible.

what i want to know is can all this be achived in one query?? im probably missing someting quite obv here and have tried out what i thought would work by have had no luck. The big problem is i will have lots of gigs so when it loops through each gig and grabs that gigs comments and bands doing 3 quries each time could become a problem. Sorry if this is a bit long winded for such a small request! Thanks again for any help!!

Messages In This Thread
Datamapper Query questions - by El Forum - 12-19-2010, 11:12 AM
Datamapper Query questions - by El Forum - 12-19-2010, 05:37 PM
Datamapper Query questions - by El Forum - 12-19-2010, 05:59 PM
Datamapper Query questions - by El Forum - 12-20-2010, 01:22 AM
Datamapper Query questions - by El Forum - 12-20-2010, 01:34 AM
Datamapper Query questions - by El Forum - 12-20-2010, 04:29 PM
Datamapper Query questions - by El Forum - 12-20-2010, 04:49 PM
Datamapper Query questions - by El Forum - 12-21-2010, 12:54 AM
Datamapper Query questions - by El Forum - 12-21-2010, 04:22 AM
Datamapper Query questions - by El Forum - 12-22-2010, 12:57 AM
Datamapper Query questions - by El Forum - 12-22-2010, 01:43 AM