Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Newbie: can't load default controller

[eluser]peredurabefrog[/eluser]
This is the first thing I've tried to do with CI, so I am almost certainly doing something really silly. However, I can't find out what it is, so I'd be very grateful if someone could point out to me where I'm going wrong.

I've installed CI 2.0 on my Ubuntu box at /var/www/wlo2, which is http://localhost/wlo2 as far as Apache's concerned. Then I've gone into the config files and done what I think is a minimal amount of configuration, which includes loading various libraries in autoload.php, including the validation library. The reason for loading that library is that I'm sort of following along with some things in Wrox's, Professional CodeIgniter, whilst doing my own thing as well.

However, if I load the validation library I get an error when I try to load my default controller:

Quote:An Error Was Encountered

Unable to load the requested class: validation

If I remove the validation library from the list, the controller loads just fine. So, this gives an error:

Code:
$autoload['libraries'] = array('database', 'session', 'email', 'validation');

This does not:

Code:
$autoload['libraries'] = array('database', 'session', 'email');

The only other configuration I've done that appears to me to be relevant is to set a default controller in routes.php:

Code:
$route['default_controller'] = "wlo2";

And I've configured the database settings, but I'm not trying to connect yet, so I don't see that there can be anything relevant there.

Explanations will be gratefully accepted.

Cheers

Peredur

[eluser]sean_THR[/eluser]
I believe the validation library was deprecated in favor of Form_Validation.

[eluser]peredurabefrog[/eluser]
Spot on!

One of the problems of reading a book about v1.6 (ish), and using v2.0. I'll remember to check the docs for library names in future.

Thanks

Peredur

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB