Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Using Session Data captured by another application

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi,

Forgive my ignorance, i'm new to frameworks, classes and such.

I'm trying to figure out how i can use the framework with a membership/subscription/authentication application already in use. I'm a little confused as to how i can capture the session data within the framework.

It seems that the membership application has its own sessions class, and provides me with code to insert into every page, or alternatively, uses mod_rewrite for folder protection.

So i can assign redirect urls for particular "groups" within my subscription administration so i put the framework folder under a protected group. I can login fine, but i don't know how to produce the SESSION info this application captures and use it in the framework application.

I do know that to obtain SESSION info without using the framework i use the below code..

Code:
session_start();
require_once '/path/to/settings.php';
require_once '/path/to/members/lib/userValidator.class.php';
$authClass=new userValidator(19);
$authClass->validateRequest();
$array = $_SESSION["omniSecure"];

Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Nikki

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Ok so, i can get it working if i just use folder protection as i don't have to initialize any classes, i can just use $_SESSION['array']; , but what if i want to protect individual pages and not entire folders? How can i do this within the framework if the 3rd party user authentication software is conflicting with the framework when i use the above code that i HAVE to insert in order for it to protect that page!?

I'm so confused!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB