Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
How to connect a chrome extension with codeigniter application

[eluser]mi6crazyheart[/eluser]
Hello Guys,
I'm now working on a google chrome extension which need to get data from a codeigniter based application.

It's like, chrome extension need to extract number records from an DB table(of codeigniter based application) & need to show in browser. After some research i found that, i need to send a request to CI Controller(of application). Then, it CI controller should return back the data to chrome extension. But, i can't understand how i return back the data(records from DB table) to chrome extension from CI controller.

Any body have any idea how to deal with such situation ? I also appreciate, if any body give some over all architectural details/data transfer mechanism(request for resource from chrome extension to CI Application & again return back the resource from CI application to chrome extension ).

Regards

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hello,

I am trying to do the same, building an extension to pull the datas from

Price Mono Built entirely with Codeigniter, it connects to all the Amazon Shops to get the best price for the product the user is looking for.
Here I have a lot of data that I need to pull from the extension.

I guess we can use AJAX request to pull the data we need, so by defining the proper controller in our server and by coding the .js in the extension with the AJAX request it should be it.

I will let you know how it goes.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB