Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
please help me choose a framework :)

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi everyone.

My current project is to built a web-base animation production management for my company. I have never used any frameworks before and would like to use this opportunity to learn one. I consider my PHP skill intermediate. With only some basic understanding of OOP.

Here are some of the project's requirement

** most important, Assets management. Showing directory trees, drag & drop file transfer, upload/downloading files from/to servers. Files can be very huge, up in the gigabytes.

- File versioning is a big plus although not yet necessary.
- Expected users around 150.
- No social networking required.
- Use Windows' Active Directory accounts for authentication.
- Heavy use of jQuery and EXT-JS on some pages. Specifically, the timeline management page which will need drag & drop & real time interaction.

And some other standard features such as discussion forums.

So please, I would like to know your thoughts if Codeigniter will suite my requirements Smile Please feel free to recommend me other frameworks as well.

Thank you very much!.

[eluser]Eric Barnes[/eluser]
CodeIgniter should work great for what you describe. CodeIgniter itself has this goal which I am sure every body agrees is accurate:

Quote:Provide power and speed through simple and elegant tools with a low barrier of entry, a very small footprint, and comprehensive documentation.

Really the only way to find out if it or any other framework suits you is download and do some playing. Every framework is setup differently and all do things differently. So really only you can make the judgement on which one is best for you.

[eluser]iloveci[/eluser]
I agree codeigniter will be great but you'll most likely need to write your own assets management or use one of the open source asset management libraries that can be found around here.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB