Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Tables with no headings

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I'd like to be able to set up a table with no headings so that I can set my own, the table I'm currently working on has 3 header rows with colouring.

Now I've modified table.php to achieve this but I was wondering if there was a better way.

What I've done is to add a new method to allow the auto heading variable to be changed:

function set_auto_heading($set_value)
{
$this->auto_heading = $set_value;
}

then I've added a modification to the _set_from_object method to check the variable:

function _set_from_object($query)
{
if ( ! is_object($query))
{
return FALSE;
}

// First generate the headings from the table column names
if (count($this->heading) == 0 AND $this->auto_heading == TRUE)
{ ....

This achieves what I want at the expense of having to maintain this code change in every new release.

I'd request it as a new "feature" except that I can't post there and besides which one of you super-clever CI people might know a better way to do this.

TetleyK

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
You do not need to maintain it!

If you read the CodeIgniter User Guide all you need to do
is extented the Table Class and make your changes!

InsiteFX

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Very helpful NOT!

Yes, I could extend the base class but then I end up with duplicated code and if you know *anything* about professional programming you'll also know that this is not a desired outcome. Ever heard of the term "refactoring"? I suggest you look it up.

That said, your reply doesn't answer the question which is "is there a better way to use CI to get a headerless table?". That is does someone out there is CI land have a way of using existing CI classes and routines to generate a table with no headers or, more precisely, one where the headers, data and format, are completedly defined by the developer.

Awaiting an informative reply...

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB