Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
New Project: "DocIgniter" (title subject to future revision) idea.

[eluser]Basketcasesoftware[/eluser]
Since I've started and implementing CodeIgniter I've have seen (so far) two other CodeIgniter-based projects using the same format for their manuals as the CodeIgniter user guide (DataMapper, Form Generation Library). Of those two, the Form Generation Library's navigation is broken (the author admits it's a work in progress). I've seen on this site multiple excellent projects that, often by the authors own admission, need better documentation (Ion Auth, HMVC...).

I'm trying to develop a project that helps the developers here better document their work - even if it's just for a single class project. I've already established that it's possible to generate the file types in an automated manner using the CodeIgniter framework.

I'm looking for thoughts, suggestions, criticism, etc. before I even begin to commit to GitHub (or elsewhere). I think the name I just proposed might already be used for instance, but I'm not sure where and for what. There might already be a similar project and I will happily drop this project and start looking into that one if that's the case. If everything is acceptable here I would need proposals as to how things need to be laid out and such.

I'm already wrapped up in a port of legacy software over to CodeIgniter and my time is going to be pretty tight, so this might be a bit slow starting if it even gets off the ground. But if goes well I think it will fill in a much needed gap in CodeIgniter support.

Given the presence and permissions granted in the "doc_style" folder of the CodeIgniter User Guide it seems at least someone else agrees with the above sentiment. Just need a parser...

[eluser]michaelbenbender[/eluser]
I'm just looking into trying to make this work now. Is it possible to use PhpDocumentor in conjunction with the styles CI provides in the doc_style folder? I haven't spent a lot of time with either, but just a thought. I'm going to see if I can't mangle something together. If you setup the parser I'd be in to help on the project.

Wow. I hadn't had any response and got busy on other stuff. Currently I'm working on a large project for a client, but I'd be very happy to get this going again. I know a lot of people here have excellent CI projects but don't have the time to document them as well as they (or their users) would like. The developer of Bonfire is using an automated document generator, but it's still been a major effort for him. I'll look around as soon I can get the chance to see if I can find a good parser framework (if possible).

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
@Baskcase software

I am finishing up helping someone right now, but when finished I'll be free and could give you a hand on this, if you want.

InsiteFX

[quote author="InsiteFX" date="1304557697"]@Baskcase software

I am finishing up helping someone right now, but when finished I'll be free and could give you a hand on this, if you want.

InsiteFX[/quote]
Oh. Excellent. Any aid by the senior site members is always welcome.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB