Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Using a form validation callback function using multiple form values

[eluser]benster[/eluser]
Hi,

Is there a way I can create a form validation callback_function that can be used by different forms using different form inputs?

For example, I would like a function that compares two times that are form inputs. So I need some way to call the callback function with both form values.

I would then like to be able to use the same function for other forms, again, passing in the two form values.

Typically I use something like:

Code:
$this->form_validation->set_rules('overrideTimeStart', 'Start Time', 'trim|required|xss_clean|callback_validtime');

However this only alows me to pass in the overrideTimeStart. I can then get the overrideTimeEnd (the other form value) by gettin the form input using:
Code:
$this->input->post('overrideTimeEnd');

So the 2 issues with this I have are:

1) Im not sure that using $this->input->post('overrideTimeEnd'); validates that form input e.g. XSS etc as set in my form validation rules before it gets to my callback function.
2) I cannot reuse that function for another form because I have hard coded
Code:
$this->input->post('overrideTimeEnd');
in to the function for the second form input.

Can anyone advise on est practice for writing callback functions to be used by different forms?

Best regards, Ben.

Messages In This Thread
Using a form validation callback function using multiple form values - by El Forum - 02-05-2011, 11:16 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB