Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Reactor Feature: Customizable Profiler Output needs testing.

[eluser]kilishan[/eluser]
I've expanded this with a new Console class that allows for logging to our own little 'console' in the profiler bar now.

- You can log any type of variable, and even log how much memory your app is using at that moment, or how much memory a single variable is taking up.
- The bar now shows the total number of files that your app has loaded (including the core CI files).
- It's no longer considered part of the Reactor core (didn't want to wait any longer to share the goodies!) and has been re-named to Forensics.

You can find it, and make your debugging life easier, over at github:

https://github.com/lonnieezell/codeigniter-forensics

Hope you find it handy!

[eluser]JonoB[/eluser]
This is pretty cool. Good job!

I'm getting some php notice errors:
Code:
A PHP Error was encountered
Severity: Notice
Filename: views/profiler_template.php
Line Number: 129

Code:
A PHP Error was encountered
Severity: Notice
Filename: views/profiler_template.php
Line Number: 258

[eluser]troy_mccormick[/eluser]
This is getting better and better with each version you release! I love it even more then when I posted earlier...but I do have another feature request for you:

A lot of my applications utilize AJAX (jQuery) to ping the server for data at a set interval. It would be awesome if we could update the console on the fly too...yeah?

Just pie in the sky idea Smile

Thanks again for the great addition to Reactor!

[quote author="JonoB" date="1299376765"]This is pretty cool. Good job!

I'm getting some php notice errors:
[/quote]

This should be fixed in the version I just uploaded. Let me know if it's not.

[quote author="troy_mccormick" date="1299564590"]This is getting better and better with each version you release! I love it even more then when I posted earlier...but I do have another feature request for you:

A lot of my applications utilize AJAX (jQuery) to ping the server for data at a set interval. It would be awesome if we could update the console on the fly too...yeah?

Just pie in the sky idea Smile

Thanks again for the great addition to Reactor![/quote]

I think that's a fantastic idea. Not sure exactly how to implement at the moment, but great idea! Smile

A new version has been uploaded to github that with the following improvements/fixes:

1) PHP Notice Errors shouldn't appear anymore when you have sections turned off in your config settings.
2) The CSS styling should be more consistent. Was running into issues where styles were being overriden by app styles.
3) By changing the class of the main div, you can now specify the location of the bar to be in any of the four screen corners, instead of just the top-right.
4) Session User Data (when using $this->session->set_userdata(...) ) is now included at the top of the Vars & Config section.

As always, available at GitHub

[eluser]JonoB[/eluser]
[quote author="kilishan" date="1299582311"]A new version has been uploaded to github that with the following improvements/fixes:

1) PHP Notice Errors shouldn't appear anymore when you have sections turned off in your config settings.
2) The CSS styling should be more consistent. Was running into issues where styles were being overriden by app styles.
3) By changing the class of the main div, you can now specify the location of the bar to be in any of the four screen corners, instead of just the top-right.
4) Session User Data (when using $this->session->set_userdata(...) ) is now included at the top of the Vars & Config section.

As always, available at GitHub[/quote]
I was hoping against hope that session data could be incorporated...and there it is! Really awesome. Thank you.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB