Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Using CI for JOOMLA Development [ V 0.56 released on 24-April-2011 ] [HOT]

[eluser]SPeed_FANat1c[/eluser]
It runs on 1.5.22 Smile

[eluser]gowrav vishwakarma[/eluser]
:-) releasing soon next version for component as well as modules development in CI way ... ENJOY ...

I don't understand why when I create another controller, I still cannont make menu for it.

In the atached image you can see there is "welcome" item, but I created a controller "upload", but the new item does not appear. Why is that?

Edit: found workaround - changed item type to external link, and the changed the link of this item to call an upload contoller - the link ending now is: &controller=upload&Itemid=3

But in the description it is written: "Create a Menu Item that links to another Web site."
So in this I should only put links to another website, according to this.

You are following the old method use new component for the development it self .. then you don't need all what you are doing. and any new project you make with this xCIDeveloper, each views folders and their tmpl/default.php files (in side side, not admin) will be available in menu creation ..

So as I understand - there can be only one controller for one componnet, right?

Few more questions: when I remove component using xCIdeveloper, the codeigniter folder and files still exist.

And if I delete those files manualy then the, the menu items are still available to select. So they are left somewhere. Why everything isn't removed when I sipmly remove component? And how can I remove those menu items which are left? When I add them to the site, they of course don't work, because there are no more codeigniter files.

Edit: found that I have to uninstall components using extentions menu and then finding component which I had created and uninstall it.

When you remove a component, a message comes up .. saying please uninstall the removed component .. please let me update about "HOWS THAT !!!"

Quote:When you remove a component, a message comes up .. saying please uninstall the removed component

Yeah, now I see, didn't notice myself it.

Quote:index.php?option=com_{yourcomponent}&task=welcome.help will call welcome controller's help function

How do I pass parameters to function in such query string?

working on it..
you can pass index.php?option=com_{your component}&task=controller.function&yourvariable1=value1&var2=val2 like this

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB