Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
It's Here (In Alpha Form) - Package Management for CodeIgniter @ GetSparks.org

[eluser]kenny.katzgrau[/eluser]
Hey Everyone,

This is an official announcement. Me and a few CodeIgniter community members have been working feverishly on something we think CI needs: package management. We've released an alpha version at GetSparks.org

The basics of why was discussed in a post a little while back: http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/181110/

But we're trying to solve these problems.

Quote:1. There are plenty of feature requests for CodeIgniter, especially when it comes to libraries. 99% of the suggested libraries don't belong built-in to the framework. We hope that Sparks helps keep CodeIgniter one of the lightest, fastest frameworks for PHP.

2. Some fantastic and useful libraries have been written for CodeIgniter, but they remain scattered around the internet on blogs, wikis, forums, and github. Using these in your projects is a chore of copy and paste.

3. When you're thinking of using someone else's code, there isn't much of a way to gauge whether it's ready for the big-time. Is it fault tolerant? Unit tested? Reletively recent?

4. Most importantly: CodeIgniter developers don't have an easy way to share their code and contribute extensions to CodeIgniter functionality.

Check it out -- we're hoping everyone will find it as important to the success of the framework as we do. It's still in alpha form, and not many 'spark' exist yet. But the framework is there to make it happen.

We're looking for feedback and people who want to be involved. Let us know: [email protected]

[eluser]Joël Cox[/eluser]
Awesome work guys!

*Creates his first Spark*

[eluser]ramm[/eluser]
Very good!

I'll be checking it.

[eluser]kilishan[/eluser]
From what I've seen so far - awesome job! Just what the community needed.

My only gripe is that CI packages don't yet allow for views, so the first package I wanted to include...I can't. Oh, well, hopefully it will happen some day.

Keep up the great work.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB