Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Session suggestion

[eluser]MWebber[/eluser]
Hi,
Can someone suggest me any session library which is compatable with every browser? I'm using codeigniter main session class and it "kills" session everytime i get error or sometimes random?

Have a nice day

[eluser]dark_lord[/eluser]
I believe Codeigniter's session library is compatible with all browser (and I believe it should never have any compatibility issue), there must be something wrong or you have mistakenly forgotten something on your code which triggers your issue.

[eluser]WanWizard[/eluser]
Compatibility is not an issue.

Every session solution uses a client side cookie to store the session ID. If you make sure the cookie parameters are configured according to the RFC's (and make sure the cookie name is 'IE compliant'), every session solution should work.

[eluser]MWebber[/eluser]
Thanks for the answers dark_lord and WanWizard!

WanWizard can you tell me more detailed what i need to do? i know how to set cookie domains and etc in the config file but what's this RFC? and how to make sure it is IE compliant? and is it normal when i receive error, the session destroys?

I have read that there could be problem if the local machine time and the server time are different... is this true?

[eluser]WanWizard[/eluser]
IE doesn't like underscores in cookie names, so in the config, change 'ci_session' to 'cisession' (or something else that doesn't include the underscore).

Make sure the cookie domain and cookie path are set properly. Cookie domain should be a valid hostname. Note that 'localhost' is not valid as per the RFC specs!
If you're having trouble sleeping, you might want to read it: http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2965.html

Cookie time is defined in GMT, so server side you should make sure you're using GMT time. The browser will convert it to local time when checking for expiration. PHP's setcookie() will convert the expire time you pass (in server localtime!) to GMT using the servers timezone setting, so make sure that is correct!

[eluser]MWebber[/eluser]
Will try away things you mentioned.

Thank you - you are the best!

(That's what i call community Smile)

Have a nice day!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB