Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Groupon Clone with CodeIgniter

[eluser]alexaaaaaaaaaa[/eluser]
Hi, this thread it'll be dedicated to my new project.
My project is to start creating a groupon clone 100% with codeigniter.
So most of the posts will be dedicated to the script.
Plugins, library helpers whatever will be posted here.

I'll ask nice admins of this forum not to flag this as spam.

If you want features this is what i was thinking for the first time
Features
deal info, max/min boughts, max orders per deal, boughts so the deal goes on, price discount
Payments: credit card, paypal, authorize.net site credits ssl encryption.
Share: twitter facebook whatever social plugin, referral sistem comments, discuss deal
Google map, facebook login, hmm buy coupon for a friend
Auto send newsletters to users
Export users/coupons
Analytics Google deals seales users etc.
And now wish me good luck.
Also i'm waiting for feedback from you guys about features requests and comments.
Please feel free to contribute.
Regards,
Alex

[eluser]Nate Iler[/eluser]
Sounds exciting!!! Any thought of building it off the ExpressionEngine CMS?

No the thing is that i'll use ORM and OCULAR template system.
many functions allready done however i was thinking to give up becouse nobody it's intrested in this.

[eluser]Nate Iler[/eluser]
Ah. We're currently working with a Magento based solution but have a few interests in a CMS based site with Groupon functionality that would be perfect for our ExpressionEngine development.

magento yeah that's sounds interesting, i was thinking 2 to release a groupon thing with magento i don't know it's kinda fustrating becouse i want to release a mobile version with the website it's not so hard to do it. Can i see your magento thing online ?

[eluser]vanquish[/eluser]
We already finished a Groupon clone developed 100% in CodeIgniter, with 3rd-party credit card storage (using keys) and payment processing integrated.

Our client may be dropping the project so if anyone is interested in picking this one up, we can put you in contact with him. Serious enquiries only please - it was over 1000 hours put into development. Live demo is available upon request.

PS - We strongly discourage trying to doing a project like this with Expression Engine. It is overkill trying to work that kind of complexity and performance into that CMS.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB