Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Reusable HTML5 Boilerplate code structure

[eluser]BRK Network[/eluser]
Hi,

Background:

* I'll be using HTML5 Boilerplate for a new project.
* I want to use modular separation for front-end and back-end (HMVC, Modular CI, etc.)
* I'll be using DataMapper ORM.
* I'll be using a templating system (probably Phil's CI Template library].)

Goal:

I would like to be able to re-use the HTML5 Boilerplate goodness, like its index.html (structure) and .htaccess - through all pages of the projects both in front-end and back-end modules.

I mean, the same index.html structure should be kept in a single file and I should be able to use it while creating a page - whether it is a back-end page or front-page (with any of the page templates, not limited to default template.)

So, that may be a "master" template - which will be the basis of other templates.

Of course, there will be some "optional" items - like the Google Analytics snippet - which won't be needed at the back-end (admin) pages.

Reasoning:

Aside from the advantages of DRY approach; I would like to have a single instance of HTML5 Boilerplate's index.html structure, and re-use it at all pages of the project... and whenever there's a need for an update, just changing/updating a single file should do the trick.

Question:

What will be the best approach to achieve this goal? Which modularity and templating libraries would be the best match?

Thanks for your help!

Messages In This Thread
Reusable HTML5 Boilerplate code structure - by El Forum - 04-08-2011, 06:59 PM
Reusable HTML5 Boilerplate code structure - by El Forum - 05-16-2011, 03:33 PM
Reusable HTML5 Boilerplate code structure - by El Forum - 07-27-2011, 06:40 PM
Reusable HTML5 Boilerplate code structure - by El Forum - 01-30-2012, 07:09 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB