Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Is the default branch of Reactor in bitbucket stable enough for production?

[eluser]wapatv[/eluser]
Thanks guys...

When you say tip, you are referring to the tip on the default branch, right? Because sometimes the tip (the last change-set, I guess it is) is from a develop branch, like it is right now at the Reactor repo.

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/5420/...erreac.png

[eluser]wapatv[/eluser]
We launched on Monday morning the new revamped site using CodeIgniter Reactor (using default branch in bitbucket). The only change I needed to do was with the database.php configuration file that I had it set up to char_set=utf-8, and dbcollat=latin1_general_ci, and when upgraded to the latest on bitbucket, the special characters were all messed up. It was all fixed by changing char_set=latin1.

With this new site design, more optimized and easier to use, and more SEO optimized we have almost doubled our traffic these two days. Monday we got 72,500+ and today we got 93,000+ visitors... and all running without a glitch.

Thanks to the CodeIgniter Reactor community and the Reactor Engineers team for the great job.

Guillermo

btw... the site is www.wapa.tv Wink

[eluser]n0xie[/eluser]
Let me make this clear, I am talking about a production environment. An environment which is mission critical. A very specific use case. When someone talks about 'production', I think corporate entities that can sue you if things go wrong. The OP asked if Reactor is stable enough for production. I think the 2.0.2 release proved that it's not.

I will gladly trade in any new feature provided by Reactor for more stability. Since bugfixes and security fixes are merged back into Core, you get the best of both world: a time tested stable base framework with security/bug support!

If you just want to muck about, or your clients don't care much for stability or they can't sue you for millions of dollars, then sure, Reactor is stable enough. I use it for homegrown projects and it's a great project. It has a lot of interesting new features (some I agree with, some I don't) and the Spark project is great.

Now I understand that my specific interpretation of this use case is not the same for everyone else. So I guess the question everyone should ask themselves is: what are you going to use it for?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB