Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
xCIDeveloper 0.56 can't load model

[eluser]SPeed_FANat1c[/eluser]
Hi,

for me this does not work. I use Joomla 1.5. I create a new component, then I go to test it and it does not even work with sample controller, I get an error:

Fatal error: Class 'Sample' not found in E:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\magnificat\administrator\components\com_vm_order_editing\system\core\Loader.php on line 214

Anybody else get this error?

[eluser]toopay[/eluser]
What? Joomla? I don't get it.

xCIDeveloper is joomla extention to allow to make components and modules using codeigniter.

[eluser]toopay[/eluser]
Oh. Okey. But, can you explain to me, why someone work with two different tools/framework like that?

They want site to be build with Joomla, but I have to make a component, so I think why not using tool which I know better.

Quote:XCI system merges the two wonder full systems available in PHP development word CI (Codeigniter the powerfull framework for developers) and Joomla (Powerful CMS to manage your sites). Yes joomla has its own framework but there is a huge community working on CI and once a person starts working in CI he/she rarely accepts any other framework for development due to its simplisity, very fast learning curve and still its complete for any kind of development. But Joomla regularly attracts them as a CMS to deliver their sites faster but again component development in joomla looks complex for CI developers so .. here we are.. Now develop your components in CI with xCIDeveloper.

[eluser]gowrav vishwakarma[/eluser]
Hi there,
This is just a simple matter of CI, Can't load modal means, modal could not be found by controller, in your modules folder/your module/controllers open your main controller file and in its index function remove everything and just echo "hello"
if it works means everything is working fine just a matter of sample modal which it is not able to load. So its a simple CI problem.

Update me for your progress. A lot of persons are working on this and designing their own modules as well as components in xCIDeveloper.

regards

[quote author="toopay" date="1305219635"]Oh. Okey. But, can you explain to me, why someone work with two different tools/framework like that?[/quote]
because both have their own plus and minus, we want to use all plus. Joomla is very good and easy CMS, user management, site content management and a huge library of extensions are eady available but when it comes to customized extensions we have to leave all the other functionality because joomla framework is not charming as CI, once a person starts developing in CI he/she rarely like any other platform. with this we can continue with joomla with our existing skills.

So I made this extension. Next version will be with Bytecode encryption. means now your extension can be directly source safe.

[eluser]toopay[/eluser]
[quote author="gowrav vishwakarma" date="1305362991"][quote author="toopay" date="1305219635"]Oh. Okey. But, can you explain to me, why someone work with two different tools/framework like that?[/quote]
because both have their own plus and minus, we want to use all plus. Joomla is very good and easy CMS, user management, site content management and a huge library of extensions are eady available but when it comes to customized extensions we have to leave all the other functionality because joomla framework is not charming as CI, once a person starts developing in CI he/she rarely like any other platform. with this we can continue with joomla with our existing skills.

So I made this extension. Next version will be with Bytecode encryption. means now your extension can be directly source safe.[/quote]

And i dont mind, and even appreciated your time. I also did not stated, if Joomla as a framework(if it can categorized as framework, rather than CMS), is ugly ones. Maybe you take my OWN PERSONAL opinion too much.

But, if you want to know, what behind that (once again) PERSONAL OPINION, then i will give you some words here, or more precisely, a question.

How we can maintain, the consistence of our coding standard? Since they are a different framework, with each have their own convention respectively. This is basic principle, isn't it?

And, if there any chance, that some business case that argue : "But...they want site to be build with Joomla", than PERSONALLY, i will write anything of my customer needs, in its framework . And don't be mistaken, i have a long nice time, with Joomla, until these days. But, as i stated, "A" is "A", "B" is "B". I just can't to spell "A" with "B".

[quote author="gowrav vishwakarma" date="1305362747"]Hi there,
This is just a simple matter of CI, Can't load modal means, modal could not be found by controller, in your modules folder/your module/controllers open your main controller file and in its index function remove everything and just echo "hello"
if it works means everything is working fine just a matter of sample modal which it is not able to load. So its a simple CI problem.

Update me for your progress. A lot of persons are working on this and designing their own modules as well as components in xCIDeveloper.

regards[/quote]

Weird, but it does not find even after fresh xCIDeveloper install, as you know there is sample model when we have just installed. :/ And yeah, hello world works if I remove model loading, I write model functions in the same controller now and they work.

Or I miss something there.

sorry for late reply. There are two sides of every component admin and site. so there are two modals folder. one in joomla root/administrator/yourcomponent, and second in joomla root/your coponent. where you are makin and accessing model matters . or send me your code. i'll go throught it as so many people are using xCIDeveloper without problem ..

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB