Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
embr: a lightweight blog / tumblelog

[eluser]ljdawson[/eluser]
Hi everyone,
I’ve recently been working on a simple blog / tumblelog using Codeigniter called "embr".

I've posted the code on Github and would love to hear any feedback. It would be great to get a few collaborators on board as I think the project has the potential to grow rapidly.

The next release of embr will focus on the "reblogging" tools - similar to Tumblr but distributed over users own servers.

Cheers,
Laurence

[eluser]haydenh[/eluser]
[quote author="ljdawson" date="1305746571"]Hi everyone,
I’ve recently been working on a simple blog / tumblelog using Codeigniter called "embr".

I've posted the code on Github and would love to hear any feedback. It would be great to get a few collaborators on board as I think the project has the potential to grow rapidly.

The next release of embr will focus on the "reblogging" tools - similar to Tumblr but distributed over users own servers.

Cheers,
Laurence[/quote]

This looks cool. I will have to try this out when I get home.

[eluser]liamr[/eluser]
Looks good man! Although, maybe the option to choose a db name instead of blog, and a default user (on another note you don't say what the default login details are). But really nice job - love that shell install!

Thanks liamr. I'll look into adding that feature, for now blog will do but it definitely needs to be an option!

Aha yeah, the default login is: [email protected] - qwerty

I need to make it randomise the pass and take the email in the installer too!

Heh cheers, tried to make it as simple as possible to install. Figured a shell install was the best way!

[eluser]haydenh[/eluser]
[quote author="ljdawson" date="1305782434"]Thanks liamr. I'll look into adding that feature, for now blog will do but it definitely needs to be an option!

Aha yeah, the default login is: [email protected] - qwerty

I need to make it randomise the pass and take the email in the installer too!

Heh cheers, tried to make it as simple as possible to install. Figured a shell install was the best way![/quote]

I am about to try to install. Have you tried installing this on XAMPP?

No sorry; I've tested it on a Debian LAMP box and OS X with MAMP. Let me know how it goes! If you come across any issues I should be able to help...

[eluser]haydenh[/eluser]
[quote author="ljdawson" date="1305782617"]No sorry; I've tested it on a Debian LAMP box and OS X with MAMP. Let me know how it goes! If you come across any issues I should be able to help...[/quote]

Cool, it might be a little later tonight but I will try to get to it as soon as I can. Got some business to take care of before then. I will let you know how it goes though whenever I can get to it. Looking forward to using it!

[quote author="liamr" date="1305778798"]Looks good man! Although, maybe the option to choose a db name instead of blog, and a default user (on another note you don't say what the default login details are). But really nice job - love that shell install![/quote]

I've changed the installer today to ask for a username + pass Smile

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB