Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Any known bugs with Pagination?

[eluser]boltsabre[/eluser]
Hi guys,

I was just wondering if there are any known bugs/limitations with the Pagination?

Every now and again mine stops working (in my forum) and after the first comment is submitted it paginates even though there is only one post (it should start paginating after 20). It;s driving me insane, I cannot seem to determine a pattern or reason it's doing it... If I empty my table it works fine for a while, and them bam, it's paginating again. Oh dear...

Sorry that there is no code, I'm posting this at work. If anyone knows of any known bugs please let me know! If not I'll have another crack at it this weekend and if after that I cannot get it working I'll post my code on here.

Thanks in advance!!!

[eluser]theprodigy[/eluser]
I'm not sure of any pagination bugs in CI's Paginate class. I ended up writing my own a little while back, due to some personal dislikes with the way it handled things. If you wanna give it a try, you can find it here. You configure it very similar to the way you configure CI's pagination class, but it has some slight differences. Instead of setting
Code:
var $num_links            =  2; // Number of "digit" links to show before/after the currently viewed page
You set
Code:
private $number_of_pages;               // Number of pages to show (links plus current page)
Also, CI's Paginate class returns everything in a single string (First, Previous, Links, Next, Last). Mine breaks it up into a 5 element array, so you can output it however you wish.

There is a little bit of documentation on the download page, plus I tried to document the class itself pretty well. If you choose to download it and try it, and end up having questions, please feel free to ask.

*Please note, I am not saying the CI's Paginate class is bad. As said previously, it's all 'personal' dislikes.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB