Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
codeignitor and firephp: firephp loaded but doesn't log anything.

[eluser]bobdobbs[/eluser]
Hi all.

There are various articles and blog entries on the web recommending and pointing out how to use firephp.

I have installed the firephp library, but I'm not seeing any logging in firebug. I'm using ff5 on linux, fb 1.8.0b4, with the firephp extension.

My controller has this:

Code:
//load and use firephp
    $this->load->library('php/firephp');            
    $firephp = FirePHP::getInstance(true);

//test firephp
    $myfoo = "foo" ;
    $this->firephp->log($myfoo) ;

This produces no errors in apaches error logs.
However, I'm not seeing any output in the fb console.

What could I be doing wrong?

[eluser]Xclamation Design[/eluser]
This might help...

http://speedtech.it/blog/2009/05/10/debu...h-firephp/

There doesn't seem to be anything in that article that I'm not already doing.

I have firebug, firephp and the net panel all enabled.
On the server-side, I have firephp loaded, and logging a test variable.

But I'm still not seeing anything feedback from firephp in the console or the net panel.

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
Watch this video on AJAX.

AJAX and FirePHP

InsiteFX

I set up a clean CI project in a test vhost and followed that tut through.

I'm getting exactly the same results I was getting before: no errors, but nothing in the console.

Firephp's fb extension is installed and turned on, and the library is loading, but still no results.

I'm wondering if this might have something to do with the fact that I'm running an fb beta.
I'm taking a break now, but when I get back I'll look through the fb 1.8b bug reports.

[eluser]tokanizar[/eluser]
Same problem here. I'm going insane with it. It worked last night before I went to bed (thank God) but now, I woke up and nothing in the Console.

Have you figured out the problem, bobdobbs?

UPDATE:
I think downgrading Firebug to 1.7.3 solves the problem. However, it's weird because I have been using Firebug 1.8b for a while. Yesterday I used the lastest version 1.8.5b (on Firefox 5.0) and FirePHP worked. Today I have to downgrade Firebug to make it work. Strange!

[quote author="tokanizar" date="1309669041"]Same problem here. I'm going insane with it. It worked last night before I went to bed (thank God) but now, I woke up and nothing in the Console.

Have you figured out the problem, bobdobbs?

No, I haven't yet.

What versions of ff and fb are you using?

[eluser]tokanizar[/eluser]
As I said in UPDATE. I used Firefox 5.0 with Firebug 1.8.5b yesterday but FirePHP did work. Today it doesn't work in this configuration anymore. Downgrading Firebug to 1.7.3 solves the problem. Now I am using Firebug 1.7.3 with Firefox 5.0, FirePHP Core 0.3.2 and FirePHP add-on 0.5.0.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB