Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Loading Session Class Cause Blank Screen

[eluser]Allie Syadiqin[/eluser]
Hi all. I have a working CI 1.7.2 and it works perfectly using the Hybrid Session alternative library. Today, I moved the entire site to an Amazon server and now I have a blank screen. There are no errors shown on screen or the logs (display_error is ON, CI logging set to 4, etc..). I tried setting the CI back to the default settings, ie. Welcome.php, welcome_message.php, and it still won't display anything. I then tried removing the autoload config and the only time the page load is when I removed the session library. So basically, the session library/class is the cause of the problem.

I have also tried to use the native CI Session library but still getting blank page. Is there anything that might cause this to happen or did I forget to configure anything in the server's PHP settings? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

[eluser]Irfan Cikoglu[/eluser]
It's impossible, can you add these lines on index.php and send results?
Code:
error_reporting(-1);
ini_set('display_errors', 1);
If you still getting blank screen, i think you have php spelling error or your default controller have a problem.

Still blank screen. I don't think I have any PHP syntax errors or default controller problem as the same exact framework files works on another server. So this is a mystery for me. Any other idea?

[quote author="Allie Syadiqin" date="1310160272"]Still blank screen. I don't think I have any PHP syntax errors or default controller problem as the same exact framework files works on another server. So this is a mystery for me. Any other idea?[/quote]
Can you zip&upload; your application controller/, views/, and config/ directory and pm me? Then i'll look at error and fix it.

[quote author="Irfan Cikoglu" date="1310160599"][quote author="Allie Syadiqin" date="1310160272"]Still blank screen. I don't think I have any PHP syntax errors or default controller problem as the same exact framework files works on another server. So this is a mystery for me. Any other idea?[/quote]
Can you zip&upload; your application controller/, views/, and config/ directory and pm me? Then i'll look at error and fix it.[/quote]

I have basically revert everything to use the default settings.

1) Controller - Welcome.php
2) View - welcome_message.php

In config, most are using the default settings apart from autoload.php and database.php. I have now pinpoint the problem to the database as my session library uses database to store the sessions. Now, if I change

Code:
$autoload['libraries'] = array();
to
Code:
$autoload['libraries'] = array('database');
I will have the blank screen again.

I tried logging to MySQL on the commandline and it seems that I can connect to it using the username and password in database.php. So I am still not sure what is the problem. Any other idea?

I think I may have found the problem. Seems the system admin installed PHP 5.3.6 without any MySQL support. So PHP cannot connect to the MySQL database. Hope someone will learn something from this.

[quote author="Allie Syadiqin" date="1310164570"]I think I may have found the problem. Seems the system admin installed PHP 5.3.6 without any MySQL support. So PHP cannot connect to the MySQL database. Hope someone will learn something from this.[/quote]
YAY, PHP 5.3.6 and using Codeigniter with sess db storage without MySQL support, fantastic Big Grin

All good now after installing php-mysql and php-pdo using Yum. Its a silly mistake made by the sysadmin but I assumed that the CI developers might at least have something in place, even an error message somewhere to let us know that there was some sort of problem. After reading numerous sites, it seems that blank screen without any indication as what causes this problem is a common issue with CI. Hope the developers will see this and fix it. If not, many will spend hours trying to "guess" what the problem could be. BTW, my thanks to Irfan for following this thread. Otherwise, I'll be lonely here talking to myself. Tongue

[quote author="Allie Syadiqin" date="1310170387"]I'll be lonely here talking to myself. Tongue[/quote]
Sometimes it is good to be schizophrenic Tongue

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB