Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Optimising CodeIgniter Code

[eluser]lachavvy[/eluser]
Hi guys,

I'm working on a site at the moment http://premier5s.com and it's pretty much complete but I'm just optimising the code so it runs a tad quicker. After doing some tests from google's speed online and the WebPageTest it's coming back that I should:

1 - Set an expiry on my images and javascript, which I thought I already had done that, but clearly I amn't doing it right is there a way in CI to do this properly?

2 - To apply GZIP compression on my javascript hosted locally. I have set the variable in CI within the config file to TRUE, so I thought this would do this automatically.

Could anyone shed some light on these problems as I'm thinking later down the line when I have lots of content I want it to still be as quick as possible.

Thanks in advance

[eluser]fedeisas[/eluser]
This has nothing to do with optimizing CodeIgniter's code.

You can set your ETAGS and gzip configs using your .htaccess file. That's related to Apache's configuration, not CodeIgniter.

After taking a look to your homepage, I thinks that's pretty light ( < 200kb).

As your site grows, it's more likely to have SQL-related bottle-necks and you'll have optimize some queries. Or you might want to use some sort of cache (CodeIgniter comes blunded with a cache system).

But I would not recommend to hack the core trying to shorten load times.

Good Luck!

[eluser]lachavvy[/eluser]
Hey fedesias, thanks for looking into this, you're right my sql is a bitbit poor and ill probably have the biggest gains by doing that properly! Thanks again!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB