Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Matchbox RC2

[eluser]NateL[/eluser]
Just curious, is Matchbox working properly for CI 1.7?

[eluser]Edmundas KondraĊĦovas[/eluser]
[quote author="NateL" date="1233474811"]Just curious, is Matchbox working properly for CI 1.7?[/quote]
There is (was?) an issue with form validation when Matchbox is present in Code Igniter 1.7.
For more information look here: http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/95755/

[eluser]fancms[/eluser]
I'm trying to implement matchbox in my current project and am having some difficulty. I'm using CI 1.7.1

I've followed the steps to "install" it:
1. Downloaded v0.9.4
2. Extract files to respective /config and /libraries directory

I then created a "modules" folder and created the following within it:
/example
/controllers
example.php
adm.php
/views
example.php

But when I try to access mysite.com/example or mysite.com/adm/example I get 404 errors.

I've searched the forums as well as Googling this issue and have been unable to find anything.

Any help/pointers are appreciated Big Grin Thanks!

[eluser]BorisK[/eluser]
@fancms

Check this post out

http://ellislab.com/forums/viewreply/549972/

If nothing works, download the uploaded file which has everything preinstalled.

Good luck!

[eluser]DeaD SouL[/eluser]
Thanks Borisk..
i'm facing the same problem..

i'll give that link a shot..

thanks again

[eluser]PHP Four[/eluser]
Not sure if anybody noticed, Matchbox does not load the config files associated with libraries in a module. Say if you have a library called rss.php in modules/blog/libraries and a config file in modules/config/rss.php, Matchbox won't be able to load the config file and pass the config array as parameter to the library's constructor (more info here: Passing Parameters When Initializing Your Class).

I had a look into the Loader.php file and after jumping from here and there, I found a bug in the _ci_init_class function which prevented this. At around line number 1035, you'll find the following code:

Code:
$module = $this->_matchbox->argument(3);

if ($config === null) {
    if ($filepath = $this->_matchbox->find('config/' . $class . EXT, $module)) {
        include($filepath);
    }
}

change this to:

Code:
$module = $this->_matchbox->_module;

if ($config === null) {
    // We test for both uppercase and lowercase, for servers that
    // are case-sensitive with regard to file names
    if ($filepath = $this->_matchbox->find('config/' . strtolower($class) . EXT, $module)) {
        include($filepath);
    } else {
        if ($filepath = $this->_matchbox->find('config/' . ucfirst(strtolower($class)) . EXT, $module)) {
            include($filepath);
        }
    }
}

Now it should load the config files properly and will give you peace of mind.

Cheers!

[eluser]IamPrototype[/eluser]
I just downloaded Matchbox and can't wait to use it. Thanks to PHP Four I already replaced the old code with his new improved one. Though I have one question: Will my urls HAVE to look like this www.example.com/module/controller/method/parameter

Another example:

www.myforumnews.com/forum/dashboard/category/news

So let's assume I only have to load the forums dashboard/overview.

www.myforumnews.com/forum/dashboard

CI won't see this as controller, method/function right?

And one more thing, could I do it like this:

www.myforumnews.com/forum and then it would load module 'forum' and go to my constructer in my controller and then automatically go to dashboard without seeing it in the URL.

Just curious. Thought I could've the same urls as before using Matchbox. But hey, I can route.. I know Smile Sorry english isn't my native language!

** Edit: I know Modular Seperation has been deprecated to Matchbox. Will all the old Modular Seperation commands still work? Like the following:

Code:
$this->load->module_library()
$this->load->module_model()
$this->load->module_view()
$this->load->module_file()
$this->load->module_helper()
$this->load->module_plugin()
$this->load->module_language()
$this->load->module_config()
$this->lang->module_load()
$this->config->module_load()

[eluser]farinspace[/eluser]
So are there any module repositories? Additionally are there guidelines for writing modules? If anyone has used jQuery before, they have a nice guideline for writing plugins and a nice repository. It would be nice to have something similar for CodeIgniter / Matchbox and would really further propel the use of CodeIgniter.

[eluser]deanf7[/eluser]
I'm really interested in using matchbox for one of my applications, but was wondering if it's still being actively developed? The last official version I could find was for CI 1.6. It looks like folks have found workarounds for CI 1.7.1, but I'm not sure I want use something that's not in active development.

Thanks

[eluser]opel[/eluser]
I used HMVC and I think Wiredesignz is still supporting that.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB