Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Matchbox RC2

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
I was just wondering there's no way to implement matchbox is there without overwriting core CI files? Was only thinking since it means updating the CI core is harder.

[eluser]zdknudsen[/eluser]
I cannot stress this enough: Please read the documentaton!

Quote from the installation wikipage:
Quote:===Installation Instructions===
By following these few steps you are good to go.

1. Unzip the package.
2. Upload the file in the /config directory to your /application/config directory.
3. Upload the files in the /library directory to your /application/libraries directory.

That's it!

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
I take it you posted that for me? I know how to install it I have been using it for ages now (a month or more) and love it. What I am saying is you extend the core loading files, I know it doesn't 'actually' overwrite them but it means if they update the core loader file, yours will replace any changes made.

What I was meaning (which maybe I didn't make clear) was to achieve the modular design you have to extend the CI core files to get it done. There's no other way to get it to work?

Ah, sorry, my bad. Smile Anyway, in order to achieve this kind of modularity while still being able to use the standard load->resource calls I have to overwrite the Loader class. Well, at least I think so.

Matchbox 0.9.4
So I finally got time to change the license (from GPL to LGPL). Also made it possible to extend libraries from modules (not only base libraries), not quite sure if this works as suspected, adamp1 you're the one who requested this, could you try and see if it does what you want? Smile
http://matchbox.googlecode.com/files/Matchbox-0.9.4.zip

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
Yup it seems to work fine on a first little test. One thing I noticed, you didn't change the link to the licence file. It still points at the GPL not the LGPL. Other than that it looks great.

Good catch, thanks.

Oh, could you show me an example of an situation where one might want to extend an library from the current module?

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
Well I am making a Web Administration application atm, basically it has user auth and a number of features I wanted but no other app had them (e.g proper asset management, site wide preferences). Basically its got a load of cool stuff EE has but without the CMS restrictions. So I have a module called auth which has a library called Userlib.php. Now this handles all displaying of login forms, logging in the user etc.

By default the register form only asks for the basic data (username, email password), but if you wanted the form to gather extra data (e.g address, name) this would require extending the Userlib library so it could handle this data and put it in the correct tables. ( I don't want an automated option because then that takes away the customizability). So basically I wanted the user to create a MY_Userlib and just overwrite what they wanted. That way if I upgraded the Userlib in a later version they wouldn't have to go re-implement their code.

I just thought it was a nice little feature which shouldn't have been very hard to implement, and it wasn't. Your version works perfect. (A lot neater than my quick bodge)

Ah, I get it. That could certainly come in handy Smile

[eluser]Lone[/eluser]
Zach just letting you know that we have had this latest version running on our CMS all smoothly.. Also thanks for the change to the GNU Lesser License Smile

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB