Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Caching not working due to permissions?

[eluser]johnwbaxter[/eluser]
I've got a page with some form elements on it that the user can tick to set preferences, the user can come back to this page anytime to change them and carry on.

I have switched on caching but it seems to be quite a problem.

When the users unticks a checkbox and clicks save (it returns you to the same page after clicking save) the checkbox is populated again.

Is this because the file is created by apache and not the ftp user?

It's very confusing!

[eluser]Thoer[/eluser]
Well it sounds like everything works as supposed. CI will output the previous page with the checkbox checked because the html it saved for caching actually had a populated checkbox. I don't see where your problem is.

Why would you cache an options page anyway?

Dunno, just trying it out really. I suppose that makes sense, for some reason i thought it would detect a change and make a new cached page.

I'll look before i leap next time!

[eluser]nirbhab[/eluser]
for debugging purpose but according to me cache just compiles your php script not the validated or unvalidated data, you can disable and than try running your script.
unset validation or nullify the data in validation variables.

Yeah, i don't know what i was up to really. I just enabled the cache as i hadn't used it yet, watched what had happened, saw a problem and was far far far too lazy to think about it and just reached for the forum instead. I should get on with some work really and stop messing around...

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB