Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Sessions dying intermittently using Native Sessions with Ajax requests...

[eluser]GaryTheLlama[/eluser]
I'm using CI 2.0 and right from the very start had issue with the built-in session library. I switched to Native Sessions and things started working great. As I added Ajax functionality to my site, my sessions started dying intermittently. After a bit of searching I found posts like this

http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/169738/

that prevented sess_update from running if it was an Ajax request. I did notice however, that Native Sessions doesn't seem to implement the sess_update function. When I implemented the code to fix the Ajax issue, sessions completely stopped working for me.

I looked at Session Hybrid and it seems more robust (and does implement sess_update) but I'm not sure of the best solution. It's difficult to tell how well maintained the third party session libraries are (Hybrid says it's compatible with CI 1.7.1, but doesn't mention CI 2.0).

I need a recommendation for a session library that either fixes the Ajax issue or allows me to implement the fix as described in the post above. Anyone have success with this in any of the third party libraries?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB