Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
How to implement this with CI?

[eluser]luismartin[/eluser]
I have to build a website with a few customisable features from the backend, not only content data. It could be achieved with a CMS, but I want to build it from scratch with CI.

One of the things that my clients want customisable are two menus (their options and their target URL's), one of which is the main menu. Another thing they want is to configure the location, the settings and the content of some blocks of code. Something similar to Joomla modules but much simpler.

For instance, there is a big block in the home page which must have several slides. In addition, some menu options must display a grid with 2x3 cells, each of which comprise: an image, a title and a short description. The contents in this grid, and their order, and even their location, before or after other code blocks, will vary depending on the requested option. This must be customisable from the backend too.

What would be your approach to perform this "menu(option)-module(block)-template(location)" relationship in CI?

My idea would be to assign each menu option a list of pairs "module-location" that must be displayed when the option is selected, so that when the template (view) of this option is displayed, there is a condition in the corresponding location matching the module and option, thus showing the module. It sounds rather complicated but I hope you understand what I mean. Another thing I'm not sure how to implement: each module (customisable code block, in other words), do I implement them like libraries with their own table, in which I might include module type and settings? It surely recalls many of you about Joomla.

I know this sounds complicated, but please I'd like to hear from other people's opinions.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB