Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Pagination with fix number of pages

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi all,

Here is a little mod to the pagination class so we can have always the same number of (digit) links and keep the size of the pagination div fix. (Just tested for CI 2.0.2)

Also it keeps always the First/Previous/Next/Last links and disable the links in case of first/last page

// file system/libraries/pagination.php

Add a new variable at the top:
Code:
var $fix_page_numbers = 4; // you may want to take this number from the config file

Replace

Code:
$start = (($this->cur_page - $this->num_links) > 0) ? $this->cur_page - ($this->num_links - 1) : 1;
$end   = (($this->cur_page + $this->num_links) < $num_pages) ? $this->cur_page + $this->num_links : $num_pages;

with

Code:
if($this->fix_page_numbers > $num_pages) {
$this->fix_page_numbers = $num_pages;
}
$start = (($this->cur_page - $this->fix_page_numbers + 1) > 0) ? $this->cur_page - $this->fix_page_numbers + 1 : 1;
$end   = $start + ($this->fix_page_numbers - 1);

This

Code:
if  ($this->first_link !== FALSE AND $this->cur_page > ($this->num_links + 1) )

with

Code:
if  ($this->first_link !== FALSE )

This

Code:
$output .= $this->prev_tag_open.'<a >anchor_class.(($this->cur_page != 1) ? 'href="'.$this-&gt;base_url.$i:'').'">'.$this->prev_link.'</a>'.$this->prev_tag_close;

with

Code:
$output .= $this->prev_tag_open.(($this->cur_page != 1) ? '<a >anchor_class.'href="'.$this-&gt;base_url.$i.'">':'').$this->prev_link.'</a>'.$this->prev_tag_close;

This

Code:
for ($loop = $start -1; $loop <= $end; $loop++)

with

Code:
for ($loop = $start; $loop <= $end; $loop++)

This

Code:
$output .= $this->next_tag_open.'<a >anchor_class.(($this->cur_page < $num_pages) ? 'href="'.$this-&gt;base_url.$this-&gt;prefix.($this-&gt;cur_page * $this-&gt;per_page).$this-&gt;suffix:'').'">'.$this->next_link.'</a>'.$this->next_tag_close;

with

Code:
$output .= $this->next_tag_open.(($this->cur_page < $num_pages) ? '<a >anchor_class.'href="'.$this-&gt;base_url.$this-&gt;prefix.($this-&gt;cur_page * $this-&gt;per_page).$this-&gt;suffix.'">':'').$this->next_link.'</a>'.$this->next_tag_close;

This

Code:
if ($this->last_link !== FALSE AND ($this->cur_page + $this->num_links) < $num_pages )

with

Code:
if ($this->last_link !== FALSE)

And that's it... not very much for the humanity but it's working and may someone dislike the pagination effect as I do...

And thanks for all the help I have in this forums!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB