Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
DataMapper ORM v1.8.2

[eluser]pbflash[/eluser]
Thanks. Only 1 table will be EAV unless I can come up with a better way. My concern is with searching against multiple items in the table.

[eluser]WanWizard[/eluser]
That is always an issue if you store EAV tables in a relational database. Perhaps a noSQL platform will suit you better?

[eluser]pbflash[/eluser]
[quote author="WanWizard" date="1328484016"]That is always an issue if you store EAV tables in a relational database. Perhaps a noSQL platform will suit you better?[/quote]
Not really an option. We are rebuilding an application that needs to run on your standard hosting package. I really want to go away from the EAV structure but we need to give the users the ability to add custom fields to the db ad they need to be searchable.

Then you're stuck with a large where clause if you need to search for multiple items...

[eluser]adben[/eluser]
I'm speak english very bad, sorry.
I install DataMapper from the Sparks, and catch error like that http://ellislab.com/forums/viewreply/959058/
I have a fresh installation of CI, and put bootstrap into an index.php

Yes, when i install Datamapper without using Sparks, all working.

[eluser]adben[/eluser]
hm... when i copy folder "sparks/DataMapper-ORM/1.8.2/third_party" to application folder, all working.
But it's no Sparks way.

Sounds like a path issue somewhere?

[eluser]adben[/eluser]
Yes, bootstrapping from sparks enviropment not working. I wrote in index.php direct path то bootstrap.php, but it not work.
Help me, please, if you can.

[eluser]Damir Sivic[/eluser]
Hi, one quick question, is it now field "root_id" mandatory in tables for Nested Sets Extension, because I had a problem with dump_tree() method, until I returned value NULL for $ _rootfield in nestedsets.php

root_id is optional. It is needed when you store multiple trees in a single table, where this id acts as the tree selector.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB