Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Multiple Parked Domains

[eluser]Sarfaraz Momin[/eluser]
Well I do not understand why on earth do we use .htaccess at all exception to removing the index.php from the URL. I don't like that approach. Maybe personal hatred. What I did was something similar to what John_Betong mentioned but I did it the routing way. Here is the code in routes.php which might help you.

Code:
switch ($_SERVER['HTTP_HOST']){
    case 'www.atp-development.com': $route['default_controller'] = "mainsite"; break;
    case 'www.darwin.com': $route['default_controller'] = "darwin"; break;
}

I hope this makes sense.

Good Day !!!

[eluser]John_Betong[/eluser]
[quote author="richman" date="1198755428"]Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all your replies, I managed to find a solution using 302 redirects.

I found a tutorial at http://www.vladimirated.com/web-developm...g-htaccess

It was really good for a .htaccess novice.

Rich[/quote]

Hi RichMan,

I am confused...

I would have thought that it was better to use and to show in your web-browser your parked domains such as www.darwin.com.

http://www.vladimirated.com/web-developm...g-htaccess

The above website redirects the URL (www.darwin.com) to your common www.mainsite.com/darwin/

I think that this will confuse surfers who type in www.darwin.com to be redirected elsewhere. I get mildly annoyed when Big Brother decides what I want Smile

Cheers,

John_Betong

[eluser]richman[/eluser]
Hi John and Sarfaraz,

I can understand what you are saying and I guess it would not be diffucult to get this to work.

My big concern is what will google make of 6 identical sites, I am no SEO expert but would this not have a negative affect on the rankings.

Kind Regards

Rich

[eluser]Sarfaraz Momin[/eluser]
Hi Richman, I understand about SEO and I have my boss who is a master of SEO and all this is done under his supervision. I don't think this will impact SEO by any means. Well my setup looks like this.

www.domain.com
abc.domain.com
xyz.domain.com

well this means that I have multiple subdomains under a domain which earlier were considered as seperate domains but recent Search engine updates have made them a part of the parent domain. These subdomains are actually categories and they point to each category.

I hope this make you understand what I mean to say.

Good Day !!!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB