Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Licensing system for script

[eluser]Atrhick[/eluser]
Hey guys I am almost done with some software i built using CI and I want to restrict users to only using it on one domain what method do you guys use in CI. if this is not available in CI any suggestions as to where i can look?

Thank you in Advance.

[eluser]PhilTem[/eluser]
I don't think it's a CI thing, but I'll tell you how I'd implement such a function.

Find a way to uniquely identify an httpd/apache/webserver (maybe get the OS-version, the PHP-version, the domain (best the TLD + SLD) it's running on and some other fancy yet unique stuff) and create a hash from this information.
Either this hash is hard-coded into the copy you sold or your code performs a cURL request to your webserver, where the first-time execution code is stored within a database. Then just check whether the provided hash matches the stored.

Best you put the cURL-request to MY_Controller and cache the result for some 24h. Otherwise your customer will be very upset because his server makes requests to another server on every fu***** page-load.

[eluser]CroNiX[/eluser]
You can't really secure a php app unless you encrypt the source code with something like Zend Guard, otherwise anyone who knows php can easily remove any protection mechanisms since it's uncompiled and plainly visible to anyone who has access to the code on the server.

Another way could be to host the app on your own server and don't give people access to the raw code. Lease the service, not the app Smile

[eluser]Atrhick[/eluser]
man i really like both ideas if I host the service myself i have better control over upgrades and security. but if i do it the other way I don't have to worry about a lot more work... i need to think about this one.

Thank you guys. thank you all very much!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB