Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Pagination's navigation don't work

[eluser]someone Smile[/eluser]
Last days I am playing with CI's pagination. I already set up config and the thing works perfectly. In the function of controller I have created some IF statements which are checking url.

IF url is localhost/CI/index.php/controller/function/news
THEN return first page of results from database -> first page
BUT IF url is localhost/CI/index.php/controller/function/news/10
THEN return second page of results from database -> second page

But there's problem because CI's pagination works with navigation only if there is number of results after the controller's function -> localhost/CI/index.php/controller/function/10 .

Is there any workaround to do navigation with url like this localhost/CI/index.php/controller/function/news/10 ? (I have news, categories and other functions where I would like to show some basic informations about it.)

[eluser]skunkbad[/eluser]
CI pagination only works with a URI segment, but you can choose which one. Well, that's not entirely true, you can use a query string, but that's not usually the best solution. If you don't want to see the pagination numbers, you could try a javascript solution, like the one I used in Community Auth for user management. If javascript is disabled it falls back to standard pagination via the number in the URI segment.

[eluser]someone Smile[/eluser]
Thanks, I've just forgotten to add uri_segment in config. So the answer on this question is, that I have to add $config['uri_segment'] = 4;

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB