Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Country states prohibit city zip library

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hello!
I need a library with functions for user to prohibit other users or visitors in the same city, state, country or zip code, access your profile.
Example: I do not want other people, stay in my town, country or zip code, see my profile. I want to prohibit any personal my city to see my profile.
I would like to edit my profile in the registration form, the fields had ZIP Code, City, State and Country, for me to fill prohibiting any user to access my profile.
Where can I get a library with these functions?

thank you

[eluser]aquary[/eluser]
The function seems to be too specific to found some library fully support it, I thinkg. However I don't think it'd be that hard to implement it by your self since the logic is just.... "Allow all", "Allow only", "Disallow only" stuff... I'm thinking about having a checkbox or something similar next to the city, state, zipcode and country, to do the permission stuff, similar to how Facebook handle permission things.

Though, there might be checking on some possible cases like... "Allow all in my state, but not in city", or when many rules are stacking, yet conflicted.

There are many ways to implement, and they are not difficult to do. You just need some thought about the cases here and there.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Thank Pear answer so fast.
I think to be a box, I would have to create files containing codes for all countries, states of all countries, cities of all states, ZIP Codes and all the world. I think one would be hard work.
So I suggested only four fields, one to prohibit parents, one for states, one for cities and another for Cep. Each field was one of four options to prohibit.
Example: if I want to forbid Brazil to access my profile, I write in the Countryside Country Brazil.
If I only want to prohibit a state of Brazil, writing in the Field of State, the name of the state.
If I only want to ban my city, I write in the City field, the name of my town
If I only want to ban my street or my zip code <write the field Cep, Cep my number.
I believe that this would be easier
thank you

[eluser]aquary[/eluser]
Unless you have a way to control people to always write in a good name, you might have some problem when another user "intentionally" put in his address incorrectly, like "Blazil", to access profiles that normally would be prohibited. :-)

The safest way might be using a real city/country database..... but that one is quite a big table (around 2 million records) and it doesn't contains every town in the world yet. USA maybe, but not in some regions like mine >_>

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB