Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
READ timeout Error

[eluser]Ram_Kalva[/eluser]
Hi there when i want to extract the data from the system to the excel sheet i am getting this error and i tried to increase the set_time_limit(10000); but still i cant extract the report can any one help to solve this issue please it is very urgent

The following error was encountered:

* Read Timeout

The system returned:

[No Error]

A Timeout occurred while waiting to read data from the network. The network or server may be down or congested. Please retry your request.

Your cache administrator is root.

so please tell me how solve this issue its very urgent

[eluser]skunkbad[/eluser]
Assuming you don't have a problem with your code, how big is the file you are trying to read in?

no i dont have the problem with the code but file is need to pull large file like 10mb i think so thats the error is coming from and i am running this on my local intranet server which is on linux and mysql is 3.x version and if i want to increase the timeout where should i need to increase this and how please help me

[eluser]CodeIgniteMe[/eluser]
You can try running the script through the terminal/commandline. Timeout is inevitable because it is set on the webserver and not on php itself. But running the script directly through the terminal will not time out

do u have any idea todo the changes on webserver or else some where on the server so please tell me if i can increase the timeout settings some where on the server on which file please help me

You need to have root/admin rights of the web server.
What is your web server?

Ya i have the option of rights on root/admin of the web server and my web server is Apache Web Server Under Linux so can u please help me to edit and increase the timeout

Locate the configuration file for apache. It's usually httpd.conf or apache.conf. change the Timeout directive to a larger value in seconds. If you can't find the Timeout directive, you can add it to the config file, then restart apache for it to take effect. Here is a sample of the Timeout directive.
Code:
#
# Timeout: The number of seconds before receives and sends time out.
#
Timeout 120

#
# KeepAlive: Whether or not to allow persistent connections (more than
# one request per connection). Set to "Off" to deactivate.
#
KeepAlive Off

Hi there but i changed the Timeout 20000 still i am getting the same error can u please help me in other to solve this issue please help me

The best way I can tell you is to run the script through the terminal

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB