Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
What is best structure for a big application?

[eluser]BizComputing[/eluser]
Sorry, I never made the connection. Maybe would have been better stated that "Controllers within controllers make no sense in CI"

I am a noob to CI so I can't comment on if too many CI noobs go to HMVC too soon. But I do have 24 years experience in programming and therefore know that for the projects I am planning on using CI for I have to have HMVC. Don't get me wrong, I am not one of these who are saying CI is great but if the devs could just add ...fill in the blank...

I do think CI is fantastic, I love how lightweight it is. And I especially love that although it is MVC, I was able to come up with my simulated HMVC after only an hour or so of playing around. A framework is just that, a framework but it's not like the foundation to a house where you can only build 1 kind of house, but is a foundation that can be changed to meet the needs of many kinds of houses.

Having been in this industry as long as I have, I've seen all kinds of new idea's come and go that were suppose to revolutionize how I code, yet, rather than revolutionized, most of the time it forced me into the technologies idea of how I should code. CI does as little of that as necessary, and as such may just be more revolutionary than advertised.

[eluser]Edemilson Lima[/eluser]
The MVC way of coding forces us to build every module of our application in strings first, and in the end it put everything together to send to the client. I am wondering if this is not a waste of web server's memory. The old way of building PHP web sites using include() and require() makes PHP to flow a logic order and it just build the whole page in a buffer to output after, if the output buffering is on. With a MVC, don't we need to take more care about the strings and arrays we use to don't spend more memory than necessary? Could a Nested MVC help us on this, by automating the process of collecting the return of each module?

Please continue reading about this subject in the following post:

http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/70425/P0/

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB