Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
How to cache only a part of a view (included views)?

[eluser]CroNiX[/eluser]
He might mean cache as in render the partial view to a file, which is what I do, and not necessarily "browser cache". I have some UL trees with links that are fairly db/code intensive to generate, as they deal with a hierarchy of USA/State/Region/Area/City. I "pre render" those to the filesystem and then just include them when generating the final view. It sped up the process of generating a page by about 4x not having to generate those partials from scratch each time. Then on top of that, the final output uses CI's caching, but a modified version.

I just created a new folder in the views folder, and then include(APPPATH . 'views/folder/statename.php');

Messages In This Thread
How to cache only a part of a view (included views)? - by El Forum - 07-19-2012, 02:53 AM
How to cache only a part of a view (included views)? - by El Forum - 07-19-2012, 04:01 AM
How to cache only a part of a view (included views)? - by El Forum - 07-19-2012, 04:05 AM
How to cache only a part of a view (included views)? - by El Forum - 07-19-2012, 06:20 AM
How to cache only a part of a view (included views)? - by El Forum - 07-19-2012, 06:34 AM
How to cache only a part of a view (included views)? - by El Forum - 07-19-2012, 07:54 AM
How to cache only a part of a view (included views)? - by El Forum - 07-19-2012, 11:32 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB