Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter 2.1.1 .htaccess issue after upgrade

[eluser]kettch[/eluser]
[quote author="Aken" date="1345086765"]I would remove the rule from the .htaccess entirely, and set up a route in CI.

Regarding the actual cause of the problem, you probably changed the $config['uri_protocol'] setting in /application/config/config.php when redoing CodeIgniter. Using your original .htaccess, changing that to "PATH_INFO" worked fine on CI 2.1.2. I would still use a route instead, though.[/quote]

Well, your second suggestion actually did get me working. I changed $config['uri_protocol'] from AUTO to PATH_INFO and it magically worked. I did have to add a line to handle the admin/ URL format though, so my final .htaccess is this:

Code:
RewriteRule ^(admin/*)$ index.php/$1 [L]
RewriteRule ^([a-zA-Z0-9]+)$ page/id/$1
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php/$1 [L]

Looking back in my SVN repo, $config['uri_protocol'] has always been AUTO and it worked fine for 6 years. I'd be curious to know what changed in CI between 1.7 and 2.1.1 to break this.

Regarding your first suggestion, after having this issue I did try adding routes (and removing the .htaccess rules of course) but adding routes to the routes.php file had zero effect on the site, it just always loaded my default controller. Am I missing something with routes that is preventing the routes from taking effect? The documentation makes it at least seem really simple and I'd rather do that if it makes dealing with URL rewriting voodoo go away.

Messages In This Thread
CodeIgniter 2.1.1 .htaccess issue after upgrade - by El Forum - 08-15-2012, 07:30 PM
CodeIgniter 2.1.1 .htaccess issue after upgrade - by El Forum - 08-15-2012, 08:12 PM
CodeIgniter 2.1.1 .htaccess issue after upgrade - by El Forum - 08-15-2012, 08:24 PM
CodeIgniter 2.1.1 .htaccess issue after upgrade - by El Forum - 08-15-2012, 08:27 PM
CodeIgniter 2.1.1 .htaccess issue after upgrade - by El Forum - 08-15-2012, 08:38 PM
CodeIgniter 2.1.1 .htaccess issue after upgrade - by El Forum - 08-15-2012, 08:54 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB